8.8K views

Every Buffalo wild wings that I have been to serves partially filled draft beers.They have an eloborate full page explanation in their drink menu as to why they serve their beers with so much head and they even have a picture of the perfectly poured beer.

The picture shows about a finger or two of head and about the same amount of crown (the portion above the rim of the glass). However, when they pour the beer they serve it without the crown. When the head settles in the tall pilsner glasses that are wide at the top and narrow at the bottom, your beer just went from 22 oz to approximately 18 oz.

They consistently do this on every beer they pour.What a scam!

Comments

Has anyone watched Bar Rescue with John Taffer? It's not just a BWW thing.

Peoria, Arizona, United States #1344593

It's 2017 and nothing has changed. Short pours....welcome to franchise world of bend you over.

Just went in today and was told that policy is one inch and they gave me 2-1/2 from the top and the manager simply did not care so I told him I don't want it they are saving tons of money and stealing by doing this Chicago il

I stopped going to BWW because of this issue.I had overheard bartenders there refuse to top off the beer to a reasonable level due to company policy.

Everyone I know that drinks beer prefers to have it filled almost to the rim with some light foam on top.

I don't need bartenders trained by a corporation to tell me that I don't know how to drink beer.I suggest going on some of the popular restaurant review sites and letting the world know your preference.

Westwood, New Jersey, United States #992791

I had a tall beer at BWW this past weekend and I was served with a head of approx 2 inches of foam. I quickly said to the bartender, before she put it down, could she top it off so there wasn't so much foam. Sometimes you have to speak up and not take it....

to Anonymous #1089509

you failed to mention how the bartender rolled her eyes and said "corporate policy is an inch of foam at the top".

It's an inch of head. Which is the basic amount when pouring a tall draft beer at any restaurant, a pint requires a half inch. The beers are poured into a 22 ounce glass and talls are advertised as being a 20 ounce beer, accounting for the "missing two ounces." Unless you're going to a dive bar with no knowledge on how to properly pour a beer, they will give you this same answer.

BWW is the only place I know of that has to explain why they pour their beers with so much head.If they were not ripping people off, then there would be no reason to explain how to pour a beer.

What is worse is that they don't even pour their beers like their explanation and photograh show. I agree, a perfectly poured beer does have a head.

However, the head should extend above the rim of the glass so that when it settles you are left with a nearly full beer.What a rip off at BWW.

They are consistent everywhere at short pours. Having a head on the beer is fine, just sell it as an 18 oz beer and charge appropriately. It's not a 22 oz beer, as served.

I've been to aa dozen buffalo wild wings and they always short pour by way of too much head (giggity). It's annoying and I always feel like I'm getting ripped off.